Food Truck Equipment Checklist
The mobile food industry is growing rapidly, and the business returns are remarkable. As with any other job, many things must be considered to make this venture a success. A solid business strategy and a budget must be in place before launching a food truck business.
The available budget will let you know what items to buy first for your food truck. Different vendors offer the items, allowing one to choose the merchants that sell them at a reasonable price. There is also an option to hire the things, and when you have enough cash, one may consider buying them later.
The food truck requires the following things for the proper operation after acquiring the operating license.
The majority of equipment installed in the food truck requires some energy to run. The batteries are not powerful to run devices like fridges and chillers. One should verify that a reliable power supply is available before starting operation. Someone should put the food truck in a position where the power supply is continuous. Mobile trucks need portable energy sources, such as generators, to run the automobile all day.
The design of a food truck is tricky. To optimize the use of the space, your kitchen should be equipped with all the necessary cooking equipment. Cutting boards, worktable, Knives and knife racks, French fry cutter, and Blender are the most common equipment used in the food truck. The vendor will use these items in the preparation or serving of food.
Warming and Holding Equipment
Equipment for warming and holding is necessary for the safe maintenance of food. Warmers for food trucks assist in preventing food born diseases and violations of health inspection. This equipment also helps in maintaining your menu items for customers at pleasant temperatures.
The refrigerators most often used in this industry are the salad preparation refrigerator, worktop refrigerator, and counter top glass door refrigerator
This is crucial equipment for food trucks to help keep the ingredients fresh. There may be two coolers, one for the storage of primary food products and one for drinks.
For every business that wants to maintain a healthy environment, janitorial equipment is essential. These products are used daily for the cleaning and maintenance of your food truck and inside the equipment. It is crucial to maintain a healthy atmosphere and maintain health codes. Therefore make sure that you retain all the sanitary equipment you need.
Additional Food Truck Supplies
While your customers focus on food, you must concentrate more than just on the products you offer. It would help if you also considered safety and hygiene while designing your food truck supply list.
- Safety Features
Every owner of a food truck must be inspected before it can get a permit or license. A working exhaust hood and fire suppression system will be needed to pass.
- Service Window
The most accessible approach to engage with your consumers is through a service window. Consider its size since it may affect the space you have available.
Washing hands is necessary for all food-centered businesses to prevent cross-contamination. It would help if you had a washing sink in your food truck.
Check this equipment off your list!
This list of equipment and supplies for food trucks will help you take your business to the highest level, whether you have been in business for many years or are just starting out.
It’s true that you can’t make great food without preparing it. Stock your food truck with:
- Kitchen Cutlery, Knife Racks, Holders
- Commercial Fruit & Vegetable Cutters
- Commercial French Fry Cutters
- Sandwich Spreaders
- Cutting Boards
Counter-top Cooking Appliances
The investment in top-quality counter top cooking equipment is a priority for food trucks. It is important to cook food quickly to keep the business moving (no pun meant) during lunch rush. You may need to purchase:
- Electric or Gas Counter top Char broilers
- Electric or gas griddles
- Flat Top Grills
- Tortilla Presses & Tortilla Grills
- Commercial Panini Grills
- Gyro Machines
- Food Truck Hoods and Systems
- Electric hot plates and ranges
Deep Frying Equipment
The delicious deep-fried food that food trucks serve is one of their best features. You can take your food to a new level by using a high-quality fryer, frying oils, and frying filter systems. We recommend:
- Electric, gas, or vent less counter top fryers
- Commercial Fryers
- Deep-frying oil can be made from vegetable oil, Canola Oil (or any other high quality oil), Soybean Oil, or any other suitable oil.
- Frying Oil Skimmer
- Fresh Fry Pods
- Frying Oil Testing Kit
Counter top Ovens and Steamers
Use great equipment for food trucks to bake or steam vegetables. Add these items to the list:
- Commercial Microwaves
- Counter top Pizza Ovens
- Counter top Convection Ovens
- Portion Steamers
- Fast Steamers
Food Truck Foods & Beverages
It is impossible to have a successful mobile food service without delicious food. Make sure that the quality of food is your top priority. Find a distributor who can meet all your needs. Decide on your preferred cuisine and then design a menu to suit you.
- American: Hamburgers, Hot Dogs Fries, Chicken Wings Chicken Tenders Mac & Cheese
- BBQ: Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Ribs, Brisket, Burnt Ends, Potato Salad, Baked Beans, Green Beans, Cornbread
- Seafood: Crab Cakes, Fish Sandwiches, Crab Legs, Lobster Rolls, Po’boys, Rice, Veggies
- Mexican: Tacos, Street Corn, Chips, Queso, Salsa, Guacamole, Nachos, Burritos, Beans and Rice, Fajitas, Enchiladas, Plantains
- Italian: Spaghetti, Garlic Bread, Salad, Pizza, Cannoli’s, Risotto, Lasagna, Ravioli, Alfredo, Charcuterie, Parmigiana, Tiramisu
- Middle Eastern: Hummus (Falafels), Fattoush (Manakeesh), Grilled halloumi (Tabouleh), Foul Meddamas/Baba Ghanoush Shawarma, Dolma and Baklava
- Breakfast Food: Pancakes, Bacon, Sausage, Eggs, Potatoes, Syrup, Waffles, English Muffins, Biscuits, Oatmeal, Toast, Butter & Jelly
- Asian: Sushi and Dumplings. General Tao’s Chicken. Sweet & Sour Sauce. Stir-Fried Tofu. Spring Rolls. Egg Drop Soup. Low Mein/Chow Mein.
- Beverages : Coffee & Teas, Energy Drinks, Sodas, Alcohol, Water Bottles
Warming and Holding Devices
Preparing some food in advance of rush hour at 12 o’clock will make things easier. Use warming and holding equipment.
- Counter top Food Warmers
- Counter top Bulb Heaters and Heat Lamps
- Kettles and Soup Warmers
- Fry Dump Stations
- Insulated food containers and beverage containers
Disposables & Serving Supplies
The best food is only possible when it’s accompanied by great service! Use these disposables and serving supplies for food trucks:
- Serving Utensils
- Squeeze bottles
- Cheese Shakers/Spices Shakers
- Napkin Dispensers
- Pump Condiment Dispensers
- Condiment Bars
- Disposable dinnerware, food trays, cups, and utensils
- Take-home cardboard or Styrofoam containers
Food Truck Refrigeration Equipment
Food should never be wasted! Select the right refrigeration system to suit your food truck.
- Blast Chillers
- Prep Refrigeration
- Dipping Cabinets
It is important to clean your food truck after a hard day. You should have:
- Cleaning and Sanitation Chemicals
- Sponges and Scrubbers
- Garbage bags, Trash Cans and Liners
- Brooms and Dustpans
- Anti-Fatigue Kitchen Mats
- Wet Floor Mats
- Soap/Hand sanitizer dispensers
- Towels and Wipes
- Bottles and Sprayers
- Hand Sinks, Accessories and More
Food Truck Advertising Materials
These advertising materials will let customers know that you are open for business, and what services you offer.
- Menu Boards
- A-Frame Sign Boards
- Window, door, and LED signs
Misc. Food Truck Equipment & Supplies
Last but not least are other supplies you may forget but that will make your food truck a success:
- Disposable gloves
- Guest Checks and Receipts
- Napkins and Dispensers
- Cling Wrap/Foil
- Grill Scrapers
- Grill Press
You’re done! Checklist for all the equipment and supplies needed by food trucks.